Dear Calvary Family,
As you know we are planning to regather as a church on July 19. We are excited to begin worshiping together again! However, at the present time we will only be regathering for Sunday worship services. All other in person activities such as children’s and youth ministry, Bible studies and other extra-curricular activities remain suspended.
To worship together again we’ve had to make many changes. While we cannot guarantee a 100% virus free environment, we are trying to provide the safest environment for our regathered worship based upon the guidelines we’ve been given. By attending our worship service, you understand and assume that there are still some risks associated with large group gatherings. If you are sick with any combination of aches, chills, cough, or fever please stay home. If you have been exposed to COVID-19 n the past 14 days or do not feel ready to be in a large group situation, please stay home and join the Sunday service on-line.
To this end we are providing the following information which we ask you to read carefully:
1. When we regather things will not be business as usual. Please do not come to church expecting a normal morning. We trust this is a temporary situation as we transition back to normal.
2. We need everyone to be cooperative and compliant with the protocols we are implementing. Please be flexible and let love for God and others be your guiding principle. If you cannot follow the guidelines established, we would kindly ask you to stay at home.
3. The Sunday schedule is as follows: 8 a.m. Prayer Meeting via Zoom, 8:45-9:45 a.m. Sunday School via Zoom, and 11 a.m. Worship Service both in person and live streaming. Please note the change in worship time to allow people plenty of time to make it to church after Sunday School. We will conclude the service within 60-70 minutes. Children must remain with their parents in the worship center the entire time. There will be no nursery.
4. Parking will be allowed in the North and West (main) parking lots. The southeast parking lot (along Springinsguth Rd.) will be blocked off prior to service.
5. We expect everyone to maintain appropriate social distance and abstain from handshaking, hugging, high-fiving, and fist-bumping. The use of hand sanitizers is strongly recommended and available throughout the building.
6. The only part of the building that will be open is the worship center, foyer, and foyer restrooms. All other areas of the building are closed and not being used at this time except by staff and as emergency exits only.
7. Even if you have a key to the building, please enter the building through the main entrance (Door #1) or through the side foyer entrance by the men’s restroom (Door #10). All other doors are for emergency exit only and will remain locked from the outside. Handicapped individuals or those needing more assistance should park in the handicap parking spaces and the Reserved for Guests parking spaces in front of the main entrance. The doors will not open until 10:40 a.m.
8. Everyone entering the building will be required to wear a face covering from the time you enter until the time you leave. The only exception to this will be for those leading from the worship center stage. Face coverings must always cover both the nose and the mouth.
9. Seating is only allowed in the worship center and is limited to every other row. Upon entering the building you will be directed to an usher. Please wait for the usher to seat you and follow his or her instructions so that we can safely maximize our seating while maintaining social-distancing. In each row we are asking people to leave three seats between you and your party and the other parties in that row. Ushers will seat people from the front to the back of the of the worship center. There will be seating maintained for senior citizens or for those with walkers and wheelchairs. Hearing devices will currently not be available for use. Please remain in your seat once seated (except to stand for singing).
10. At the end of the service people will be given instructions how to exit. If you must exit the worship center during the service, you will not be permitted back in. Overflow seating in the foyer has been established for anyone who leaves the Worship Center during the service or for anyone who arrives after the 11:00 a.m. service start time. In either of these scenarios the Security Team will assist you in finding overflow seating.
11. After exiting the worship center we are requesting that you exit the building immediately. Fellowship, both before and after the service, should be outside on the sidewalks and in the parking lot. Please be mindful of social distancing and keep driveways clear for cars. Face coverings are not required outside.
12. Please observe all signage and directions from the staff, greeters, ushers, and elders.
13. The space for nursing mothers has been temporarily relocated to Room 222 next to the elevator.
14. We encourage continued giving online or via mail, however an offering box will be available in the foyer. There will not be a time of offering during the worship service.
Beloved, although there are a lot of things to remember, the ushers and greeters will be there to guide you so that there will no confusion. No one needs to memorize all of this information. We respectfully request your cooperation with these protocols. This is a trying time for all of usl and we are asking for your cooperation.
If you have any questions, please direct them to Pastor Scott or one of the elders. We look forward to seeing many of you on July 19.
Pastor Scott and the Elder Team